Saturday, August 27, 2011

August Kranti 2011...

Belonging to a family which has deep connection with Freedom struggle (feel proud to say that I grew up listening the stories of my great grand ' pa and grand ' pa 's fight against British), very often i find myself in a situation where I can hardly manage to check my emotion when outpouring of public anger against prevailing system erupts. The news of Anna's arrest on 16th August caused me great distress. But the moment I saw Kiran Bedi singing "Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Sathiyon" while being carried away by Delhi Police, I decided to do my bit for this movement. I had only heard about public movements but this time I was living it.
Conversations with friends had no charm. The work at office looked too boring. There were no short-term targets to achieve. I was totally lost. But the best, I still had to see. Watching (LIVE) Anna running at Rajghat after 3 days of hunger strike, I am going to cherish throughout my life. I started talking about the movement with each and every individual. I tried to attend as much public gathering as possible to lodge my protest though I always dreamt of being present at the 'Ramlila Ground'.
Today when our parliament has unanimously decided to accept all the genuine demands of Anna, I sense my victory against all those people with whom I had differences of opinion. I feel extremely happy to be a part of movement which saw a 74 year old Gandian's 13 days long hunger strike. It is the hour of crisis, when you come to know about the people. And I am glad that I realised the system at early age. I am in a celebratory mood like entire country and hence won't like to blame (rather abuse) anyone. With due respect to Mr. Anna Hazare and his team-members, i would like to say that Democracy is all about being 'Active Participant' rather than being 'Passive Percipient'. Long Live Anna...

No comments: